3.19.2009

A new day…. I confess that yesterday was the most difficult we have had here. The newness and the “differentness” of it all were just really apparent. We came back to Blanca and Michael’s house and crashed. Then at dinner, things really turned around. Those two are just so welcoming and comfortable. They also have tons of experience with learning another language so they can really empathize with our struggle to communicate in French. We are so thankful to God for placing us in their home.

So, an update on what’s been going on.. On Tuesday we just walked around Huy with Amy. We looked at cell phones (which we have now, hurray! When I got my first text message, I almost cried. I had a friend!! ☺ ), and scouted out apartment locations. That night we had a little party at Brent and Daisy’s for St. Pattie’s. It was a good time to start getting to know our team.

Check out Daisy's kitty, Tigre! He hangs out in the flower box right outside their window watching pigeons. He is so funny!

Yesterday we set out across Huy for some exploring. The weather is perfect! Sunny and perfectly cool.

When we walk the streets we look for these orange and black signs that give some details about the appartment.

I especially enjoyed the flower section of the farmer's market.

Mom, this pic is for you. That yellow purse is just like yours. It made me laugh :)

We also had some great Chinese food with Amy. Isn’t it amazing how comforting food can be? In the afternoon, Amy started calling all the apartments we had found, and we have 2 appointments today! I am really looking forward to looking. It is so fun to see how people live in different parts of the world, and I can’t wait to see all of these apartments. It’s not like in the US where you go to a leasing office and choose which floor plan you want. Each and every location here is a different layout, with different pros and cons. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Enjoy the hunt!
(and, you may want to re-title your blog sub-title soon since you're there! :). )

Lindsey said...

Awe, the photo of team dinner made me a little sad, I miss those dinners. They ended up being one of my favorite parts about being in Belgium. BTW I like apartments 2 & 3. But what area is number 3??? I looks like it is a little more east towards the power plant. Remember you can call me anytime you need someone to talk to who knows what it feels like to live in Huy, Belgium. 832-247-2244. I leave Thursday for Seattle for my grad school interview!