2.04.2010

For those of you interested (humor me here, people), here is the kitty I am loving. Doesn't he look like Zebo?



Do you see the resemblance?



The Chacos that have traveled the world.



If WWAC did Ho Chi Minh City, this is what it would look like :)



We bought a big bag of fruit today, all of it things we have never seen before. There is one fruit here that is so stinky that it is banned in most hotels and buses!





We motor-biked home today. It was my first ride on a motorcycle and it was F-U-N. My knuckles are still white.



This morning on the way to town I sat by the window in the hot sun. It wasn't long before the lady next to me offered me her extra hat to shade my head and face. So precious. I sat there watching the city fly by outside the window, eyes welling up with gratitude, thinking about all the places we have visited lately, the cultures we have experienced, and the people we have met along the way. It's pretty overwhelming.



I'll never forget that moment.

3 comments:

Jana said...

1) I love the thought of WWAC doing Ho Chi Minh City
2) Did you try the "stinky" fruit?
3) Thank you for wearing a helmet on the motorcycle.
4) And I want to hug the neck of the lady on the bus
that lent you her extra hat.

My heart is full, love, mama

Jenny said...

Awww, the hat lending made my eyes well with tears too! Little kindnesses are just so wonderful and unexpected! Still loving the chance to read your words on this blog! Jen

Cathy Gunderman said...

I was just thinking the other day about the two of you and your travels. The really cool thing is this blog and all of the beautiful pictures that you have to remember your experiences. Memories do fade, and having these to show and explain in a tangible sense for years to come are priceless.