7.24.2009

Together.

This weekend is something I have been anticipating for awhile. Some little town in Texas is going to be a little bit crazier this weekend because some wild women are coming to town! Every year the women on my mom's side get together for a reunion of sorts. Since my senior year of high school I have been a part of the laughing, crying, and eating that is the WWAC. Today they all meet again. This time without me.... and I am not going to lie, I don't like not being there one little bit.

I am imagining what this weekend will hold for my dear ladies.

The three sisters. Nanny, Aunt Barbara, and Aunt June. Such wisdom and stories. I am smiling just thinking about you. Ok, and I'm laughing too. You make me so happy.


And I'm imagining the late night story-tellings, including 70 year-old stories, interruptions, plenty of corrections, laughter, and tears streaming down our faces.


I'm imagining lots of quality time with 15 women whom I love and whom I also share a face with.


I'm imagining celebrating Caley's recent wedding, and Kirsten's 1st pregnancy (just found that out tonight!!)


I'm imagining a group of women who love me to pieces even though I'm on the other side of the world, and from whom distance can't separate me from.


Rock on, ladies. You fill my heart to brimming.

15 comments:

Jana said...

okay, now you have me crying, and your Aunt Connie is drying her tears on her extra panties! We all love you so much and miss you! Let's ichat again in a little bit? mama

Jana said...

hi my megan,
just a short note to say youre so missed by me.
I am so proud of you and love you, and wish I could be there with you!
Love, Aunt Barbara

Jana said...

Hi Meggie! I so enjoyed seeing your apartment this morning. It looks great! The window is huge and you were precious rocking and rolling in it to show us how big it is. I feel like I have visited you in your digs.

I pray for you and love you very much. Give Clay a hug for me.
Love,
Aunt Guyla

Jana said...

Hey Miss Megan!

Loved "seeing" you and your apartment this morning!!! We should ichat again sometime! I can give you a tour of my house... especially when we start on the baby's room.

Love you cousin! Wish you were here!

Kirsten

Jana said...

Hey MEGAN!

So fun to see you!!I FEEL LIKE I WAS IN BELGUM. You are so precious. Take care!

Love,
Nelda

Jana said...

Hey Megan how's it going sweetheart? We've missed you so much here at WWAC!!! It is my first experience with these crazy ladies and man has it been a blast. You and I will have to start the mini WWAC Euro tradition next summer. I am super excited to meet up with you and Clay after I get set up in Germany. You two take care of yourselves and remember how much we love you and miss you!!!
Heart,
Heather

Jana said...

Hi, Megan,
Wish you were here to play, laugh, cry, shop, and eat!! We are having a ball and are about to have Heather's shower and then start the "ancient" stories as told by our elders and the grand poopa of all storytelling: Connie Lynn. We love and miss you, Aunt Debbie

Jana said...

Hey Megan!!! We miss you so much cousin! I wish you were here and I love you tons! Love you, love-Caley

Jana said...

Hi sweetie, miss you this weekend, and I wish you were with us. But maybe next year you will be! So take care and we love you, love, Nannie.

Jana said...

hi megan we miss you so much.i am so proud of you and for what you and clay are doing. you know how much i love you, love you so much, aunt june

Jana said...

hi megan we miss you so much.i am so proud of you and for what you and clay are doing. you know how much i love you, love you so much, aunt june

Jana said...

hi megan we miss you so much.i am so proud of you and for what you and clay are doing. you know how much i love you, love you so much, aunt june

Jana said...

Meg, This has now been my first WWAC without you as a roommate, but don't worry, I'm surviving! :) I wish you were here, but in so many ways you are more than ever. But that's what I've learned about this family, no matter how far apart or how long it has been, it feels as if it was just yesterday that you all laughed together. I will catch you up on every little detail when I see you next month...can't wait!! Love you. Melissa

Jana said...

My Dear Meggie, I miss you so bad this year at WWAC.
We are having a blast,but when everyone laughs there is a hole where your laughter belongs. Hurry Home!
Love Aunt Connie

Jana said...

Megan I miss you so much WWAC is not the same without your smiling face. Thanks for the tour of your home this morning you have done such a great job it is so cute,
Love you & God Bless you
Cousin Pam