3.09.2010

One year ago.

I woke up this morning and was shocked.

We left home 1 year ago today. I looked back in the blog to this day in 2009. These pictures make the year-old wounds on my heart ache a little. They also make me smile.

And cry, to be honest. What dear dear sweet family (I was going to say "family and friends", but let's face it, friends, you are family) God has given us in this life. The great joy you all bring my heart, and the deep sorrow that comes from leaving you. What a year.

This year has been big for us. Our life has changed. We have changed. It happened slowly, like the morning glories that open ever-so-secretly along the fence by my parents' mailbox. But happen it did. I feel like God carried us tenderly to his workbench on March 9, 2009. He propped us up there, and I think he must have rubbed his hands together in excited expectation, ready to get to work. And work he has.

Maybe one day I will share some of what he has shown us, what he has done in us. But not today. Today is for this:








Jesus, what blessings you give.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy one year!!!!!!
It has been so great reading and seeing the journey God has been taking you guys on this past year. I look forward to seeing what he has in store for you this year! Be sure to celebrate today for the huge milestone that it is.

Jana said...

Okay, now I'm crying!