9.21.2009

So I think we are back to normal life now. Life here doesn't really seem quite "normal" yet, as every season has been completely different so far, but there is getting to be a rhythm to things around here, and I like it. We have officially started up again with language school, and though we still don't know our official class schedule, it is awesome to know that we are back in the saddle of learning French again.

There are a few Americans in our class, one of which is from the Houston area. He actually asked us "So have you guys been to Redfish Grill?" I could literally TASTE a Happy Roll as the words were coming out of his mouth. The search for sushi continues.

On Saturday we had a fun new experience. Our friends Sirin and Xavier took us to a thermal spa in the town of Spa. It was so cool! There were a few pools, saunas, and a steam room. A day of relaxing with our friends was so nice. I wish I could produce some cool pictures of the experience, but who really wants to be the creepy foreigner flashing pictures in a room of bathing-suit clad loungers? Pas moi :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We went to Redfish 2 weeks ago and Neil said "I have to order the Happy Roll - it's Megan's favorite" (I think it's his favorite also). Still very good - hope you find a Gril rouge de poissons soon :-}

Derek & Meredith said...

Hey Megan! Glad to hear things are going well. I was reminded today that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I was encouraged by that and thought you might be, too, during this season of your life!

Kirby said...

Megan! I totally knew who you were as soon as I saw "Clay and Megan"!

Belgium? How amazing! I love the new haircut...so cute on you! I'm envying you and Clay a little right now! Learning French? Even MORE Amazing! What an incredible experience to get to see the world with your best friend!

Thanks for commenting on my blog so that I could catch up on you and Clay! It was so good to hear from you! Now, I'm going to go back to blog-stalking you!