8.11.2010

The day came.

I am laughing as I type this. Summer 2010 will forever be known as the Summer of Hellos. All of these visitors have been a blast, and my how quickly time flies when loved ones are coming in and out of your home. What a wonderful summer.

Yesterday we caught a lunch with the Daileys' travel group as they were passing through Brussels for a few days. They didn't know the Jacksons would be with us so we had a fun surprise Austin Ridge reunion. So fun. Thanks for spending the afternoon with us guys!



We then did the ritual Mannekin Pis visit and waffle sharing with John and Lezlie. They have now officially lived Brussels.



Clay and I stayed over in Brussels last night so we could meet my family at the airport today. We had some time to kill before catching the train and nothing calms my anxiety like a good junk shop to dig around in. Sigh. Brussels has become quite the treasure trove.

Even Clay found something to interest him. An old camera the size of our apartment. We are thankful we are able to travel a bit more compactly for our video trips.



This banner always makes me laugh. Finally, an exposition for that person who thinks he knows everything. Quite specific don't you think?



Ah, and finally. They made it. The plane was delayed and I thought I would jump out of my skin watching those sliding doors exiting baggage claim. Airports are so emotional anyways with all the crying and hugging going on around you that I thought I might explode before my family arrived. They walked out when I least expected. I heard Clay say "There they are!" and I kind of turned into a blubbering limp noodle. I didn't jump up and down. I didn't wave. Is it strange to say I just watched them? Seeing those 3 Pasches made my heart dance and I wasn't going to rush that moment for a second. My 8 ft tall baby brother almost walked right past me which made me laugh. Then Daddy hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe and kissed my cheek. And then my sweet little Mama with her bright blue eyes all teary. I don't get these moments often. GOODNESS I love hellos.

They really dug into their cheese snack on the train. I know what my people like :)



Oh, and Belgium? Do prepare yourself for my mother's neon shoes. She's a retired PE coach with a sprained ankle, and she doesn't want any of your lip, ça va? :)



I'm going to sleep now. With Mama, Dad, and Q under my roof.

I am very happy.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

soooo happy you r getting to see your family!! so much fun! soak it up

Jana said...

haha! Thanks Baby for that memory, haha!

Kerrie said...

I'm so happy you're happy! I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family!

PamHutchins said...

I am so glad to see your mom walking! We have been praying she would heal! Hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Your post made me cry. So sweet. I love your heart! Did you know that when our girls say something like, "Awwh, that's adorable!" I tell them they sound like you because you say sweet things? Really. Hope you're having a blast with your fam. ~michelle