7.09.2009

Craftiness for the Foreigner's Soul.

I think most of you know of my need to craft. Pretty fabric, felt, embroidery floss, these are true keys to my heart. And comfort mechanisms, too! For the last few weeks I have been a part of stuffed animal making class. The flier said it was for "all ages," but until today I was the only adult in the class. It is awesome- I laugh the entire time. It is the perfect place to practice French, since kids are so forgiving. And we even have a break in the middle of class where we get to go outside, play, and have some juice (I am not kidding).

Feast your eyes on my first projects (my classmates helped me name them): Blue Dragon, Souris Verte, and Big Head.


I am learning a lot, which is fun, and the company can't be beat. There is this one little boy who only makes aliens and monsters. After he completes one, he always comes over to my chair and makes it "fight" with whatever creature I am making. I absolutely love it.

Ok, off to clean the kitchen. My latest gluten-dairy-sugar free baking experimentation has failed miserably, and regrettably, it appears to have done so all over my kitchen.

Ciao, people.

4 comments:

Jamie Hatcher said...

I love this post. You are so stinkin' cute!

Jana said...

Meg, is this from that toy store where we bought Micah's gift or from the button/fabric store??

the bakks said...

I love your creations! So cute! The class sounds amazing...what fun with the kids!

Jocelyn said...

That dog is TOO cute! Oh my goodness. And I LOVE that you are in a class with kids... what could be funner?!? This post just made me smile! I love everything you are getting to do!