10.25.2008

Something exciting to me

I have always had a hard time memorizing Scripture. It just doesn't work well for me. Small group time at Awanas was usually a dreaded time because I had the hardest time remembering my verses, and the homeschool kids always owned me anyways. We'd go to the share table and they were able to buy dolls when all I could afford was a tootsie pop. Bitterness I need to deal with...

Anyways, FINALLY I have found a way that I can do it!! When I put verses to music they stick like glue in my head. I am serious. It is the most amazing and awesome thing and I am so glad the Lord clued me in. For some reason my brain can remember song lyrics really well but the spoken word is a challenge. Clay and I are now memorizing Romans 8 and it is working!! Do not be fooled, the songs are pretty dorky. The words are all God's word, but the melodies I make up are not 20 Countdown Magazine nominees by an stretch. But who cares! The Bible can stick in me now!

I am just so excited and wanted to share! If any of you struggle with Scripture memory, give this a try! All you need is a door you can close so know one can hear you sing :)

Love to you all!
Megan

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Megan, I am so thrilled for you! I love breakthroughs like that. This has always worked really well for me too. In fact, as I was reading this post, the verse "For whosoever shall keep the whole law and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all, James 2:10" popped into my head b/c I memorized it to the tune of pop goes the weasel! In fact, it has always stuck with me so well, that when we were about 9 years old Ken Kinard asked us to make Christmas cards for the prisoners he was visiting and to write our favorite verse on it. Well, I had just memorized that one and so I wrote it on my card. Ken later told us that the prisoner got quite a kick out of my choice of scripture----oh my!!!!!! Anyway, hope you guys are doing great, Jen