4.24.2009

A Walk through Huy

Amy, Daisy, and I went on a walk this morning. Ah, spring! You're here! It was such a beautiful start to the day. I thought you might like to see a little of my new town.

This a view from the main bridge through town. We walk across it multiple times a day.


The famous cathedral and fort of Huy. This is taken on the same bridge but looking the other direction.


One of the main streets in Huy. Brent and Daisy live on this street.


One of my favorite houses. Right on the river and in the center of town.


What a beautiful morning in Huy!


Whenever I see that church roof on the hill, I just want to GET to it. Isn't it just so mysterious and cool? Amy said it is over 1000 years old too. I will get there one day.


A daisy for Daisy.


Be honest, you want to sit on that bench, don't you? And maybe take up watercolors or something. (Whenever I live somewhere new, I am always inspired to try to take up painting.... it NEVER works.)


The far bridge you see is that main one again. The one we walk across daily to get to the train station, the church, the grocery store... basically everywhere.


The blue building in the front is my main grocery store.


And that's that. A quick tour through Huy. Thank you for joining me :)

4 comments:

Anna Alexis said...

Great photos Meg!

meadows said...

Thanks for the tour! I'm glad you get to live in such a beautiful city.

Jaxon said Bacon today. I think he misses you.

Bethany

Kerrie said...

What a beautiful city! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kerrie

Jamie Hatcher said...

I almost feel like I'm there :) Great idea to show us your new town on a photo tour - very cool!