4.08.2010

Visitors!



Guess who came to see us?



I think that in the last week I have talked and laughed more than in the last year combined. What a wonderful visit! These are the only pictures I have since I was too busy soaking up our friends, but Josh brought THREE cameras with all kinds of fun, fancy lenses and attachments so I will try to get some of his fabulous shots up soon.

We really just did a lot of laying around. Day one was spent mostly in our pjs watching catch-up episodes of Survivor and eating. True friends. We also walked around town a bit over the next few days and celebrated Easter in a Belgian home.

On Monday we went to Brussels. And enjoyed a Belgian delicacy: Frites. Did you know that French Fries are not French, they are Belgian?



We also spent some time at Delirium, where the boys poured over the beer menu that boasts of over 2000 kinds to choose from.



Anna and I then split from the boys for a fun night in Brussels. We stayed at the sweetest b&b you have ever seen, watched movies, ate bread, cheese, and chocolate, and laughed and talked late into the night. I can't tell you what time spent with my good friend did for my heart.

We bravely managed the trains back to Huy the next day.



We were planning on playing some games in the Grand Place, but the wind was just a little too strong. No matter. We opened our windows and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day with a few rounds of Ticket To Ride.



Yesterday our friends left Huy, and we were left on the train platform so thankful for their trip. It really refreshed and encouraged me.

On the walk back to our apartment, I was very excited to see the chickens had arrived to the market!! I love spring! And oh how I love chickens!! As soon as I have a place for you to scratch, you shall have a home with me, little friends.



Oh, and you may have noticed my new haircut. Yes, they have done it again :) It never really does turn out quite how I imagined, but it's not too bad. Each morning I get a little closer to getting it styled right.

Here is right after it was cut:



And after I washed it the first time:



Haircuts here make me laugh. They do a good job of rooting out vanity I didn't even know I had. Which is totally worth a few weeks of looking like a pinhead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy just seeing you guys together. No matter what they do to your hair you always look cute. I like short hair and to be honest I haven't seen anything on you that I didn't think was cute. You are cute enough to make anything look good. You couldn't look like a pin head if you tried. I love you, b