10.05.2012

A day in the life: Megan Edition

I thought some of ya'll might like to be able to envision our fall days. 

And so I present... A day in the life: Megan Edition!

A typical week day starts around 6am. We have a great view of the sunrise from our bedroom and kitchen. The kitty likes to go out on the porch first thing, and it's always nice to greet the morning sun. I love our mornings.



First thing is to get some broth heating on the stove along with whatever other GAPS food I'll be eating for breakfast and then packing for lunch. (Notice my handy thermoses. Mom, this was the best purchase!)


Then, depending on the morning, we either spend time praying together with the Kellers or I spend time in our room reading and praying by myself. 

That morning sky again. I can't get enough of this view from my chair.


On some mornings there is homework that wasn't completed the day before… And you can see our little Czech assistant is always ready to join in the studying.


Close to 8:30am I meet Rachel at the tram stop to catch our morning ride. 

City life without a car = occasionally standing in the rain. I am so thankful for our waterproof jackets- and for REI :)


My view for most of the day:


Sometimes I take pictures of the board because I can't write and listen at the same time. But she is just too fast sometimes! My teacher's name is Eva and she is wonderful.


Here's the board from one lesson. Czech has 7 cases and in this picture we are working on the genitive case.


My class is so fun and a true delight to be with. It's random too. Scott ended up with a tiny guitar in his hands a few days ago. The language is hard but these people make it fun :)


After our test a few days ago we all gathered outside the building to talk about how we thought we did. 


Since we were all together we decided to go grab something to eat. Here is Maho and me.


The rest of the day is a combination of studying, cooking, cleaning, meeting with the Kellers and hanging out with new people we are meeting. 

The days are full and we try to go to bed early so we can have the energy to do it all again well the next day.

These are good, busy days here in Prague. Learning the language is challenging, but the progress we are seeing is super exciting.

And these fall evenings can't be beat. Absolutely golden. Like the fall mornings, I can't get enough of them.


I hope you enjoyed a peek into my daily life. If Clay were to post, his day would look different though have the same themes: Team, prayer, language, new friends, mixed in with normal household stuff. 

We are thankful for where God has us and what he is doing in our lives.

No comments: