5.06.2010

The cherry blossoms are blooming!! They are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen.




I remember from reading the Mitford books that one of the characters' dream was to "go see the cherry blossoms" blooming in D.C. I get that now. I cannot get enough of these incredible trees. They are made even more beautiful since they only bloom for like 10 days. Wow. The streets are already littered with piles and piles of pink petals. It kind of makes things magical.

Speaking of things magical, Clay's parents just arrived in Europe. We get to see them tomorrow!! We are 4 very excited people that can't wait to spend some good time together. It's been a long time since we saw those 2. Over a year now. Tracy brought ingredients to make some of our favorite meals from home. I can't wait! How am I ever going to sleep tonight?? Remember this kid from the Disney commercial? That's me :)

In the meantime, we're keeping busy. We expats know how to cinco-de-mayo-it up. Yum.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous! Okay, that's all. I hope you guys have a great time. Be sure to show Flat Stanley all the really cool sights for us!

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could visit too! I know having family from home will be amazing!! Thanks so much for following my blog! You are so faithful. Leaving manana to go hang out with Lindsay until the Little Lady arrives! She and Geoff have kept me in stitches with their blog. Love you and hopefully we can see each other this year! Hugs, Pat